One Life is a registered Canadian charity. Serving in the San Quintin Valley, Baja California, Mexico, we walk alongside local indigenous churches, pastors, and community leaders already at work to bring long-term, sustainable, and holistic transformation through education, humanitarian support, and training programs. Our ultimate goal is to demonstrate God’s love, hope and reconciliation for all people. Click here to read more about our story.
Join our passionate and nimble team as the Operations Manager of the Canada Team based in Chilliwack.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Board of Directors and in collaboration with the Executive Director based in Mexico, you will be a crucial leader on the OL team. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing administration, event management and communications as well as fostering strong donor relations that will directly impact the ministries and communities in the San Quintin Valley.
You will be working full-time (32-40hrs) with a flexible schedule and hybrid arrangement to work remotely with partial time at our Chilliwack office. Your wage shall be commensurate with experience. Occasional travel to Mexico may be needed.
- Ensure efficient and smooth operations of the Canada office
- Managing donor and partner relations
- Managing fundraisers and events
- Oversee donor communications through social media, email and phone calls
- Aid in processing, preparing and training volunteers
- Administration of ministry programs and projects
- Provide insight and ministry reports to the OL Board of Directors
- Support the OL Board of Directors in developing and maintaining policies and documents
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements as needed
- Maintaining databases and keeping ministry accounts up to date
With support from an external marketing agency:
- Prepare regular donor communication through email, social media and direct mail
- Website management
- Brand management and development
- Plan and review the One Life newsletter and Annual Report
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Proven success in managing an office team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability in administrative best practices and procedures
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace apps
- Experience in data management
- Demonstrate a willingness to adapt and learn
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Competency in accounting and budget management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with Keela
- Spanish proficiency would be an asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Operations Manager. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of One Life.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Manager”. Application deadline is September 6, 2022. Thank you for your interest in being a part of the One Life team.